Thursday 16 February 2012

Pattern Storage


LINK TO MY PINSPIRATION

MY OWN PINSPIRED CREATION
This was one of the first Pins I saw that I knew I HAD to make :-) I scoured the shops for a metal kitchen roll holder (well a couple anyway) and couldn't find one, so I turned to Ebay and found one very cheap even with the postage. I also bought my book binding rings (took ages to find the correct search term lol) at the same time. When they had both arrived I realised that the rings were too small!! Back to the drawing board, well Ebay, to find the right size. I also bought some mixed pastel coloured card, to stiffen the file protectors (which I already had). I had all my supplies for ages, before I got round to putting them all together, no idea why as it was simplicity itself :-)


MY VERDICT:
A VERY easy project to complete :-) It looks great :-) And its flexible enough to be able to add more protectors as needed.

WHAT I'D DO DIFFERENTLY NEXT TIME:
I'd get on with it straight away and not leave it for ages before starting! I'd also buy the kitchen roll holder first, and measure what size binding rings I needed, before buying them! And I'd add plenty of extra file protectors, as I've already filled them all, and it is a pain adding any more without all the original ones falling off the book binding rings!!

1 comment:

  1. I need some help and advice. . .I put one of these together and it keeps falling over? There must be a step I neglected so please, someone. . .tell me what I may have done.

    ReplyDelete